PSA for our Customers - 2020 Shipping Rate Increase for Top 3 Carriers
4.1.20 Update: due to current events, we are postponing this increase, we will keep postage rates as it until further notice.
Our promise to our valued customers, we will always do our best to keep the ship rates at the lowest rate we are afforded and will continue to use USPS as our main shipper for Priority & First Class.
We are a small, New England Company that certainly can not compete with that other very large online eCommerce site when it comes to shipping charges or lack of... but with this years new USPS rate change, we are unfortunately forced into a slight increase as of Feb. 29th, 2020.
All that said, I would like to share this years Rate Increase Summary for the top 3 Carriers, USPS, UPS & Fedex:
USPS Effective Date January 26, 2020 with an overall average of 3.5% across all shipping services:
- Priority Mail Express®: 3.5%
- Priority Mail®: 4.1%
- Parcel Select: 3.91%
- First-Class Package Service®: 2.4%
UPS (Effective Date December 29, 2019)
Average of 4.9% across ground, air, and international services
FEDEX (Effective Date January 6, 2020)
Average of 4.9% across all domestic standard shipping rates
Surcharges & Other Charges
USPS: USPS® doesn’t charge surcharges
- $0.15 (3.3%) increase in residential air services and $0.15 (3.8%) increase in residential ground services surcharge
- Increased Delivery and Extended Delivery Area Surcharges and new zip code tables defining the areas
- New accessorial charges for billing account changes ($17) and prohibited items ($150)
- $1.00 (6.25%) increase in address correction charge
- $5 increase in Large Package Surcharge for U.S. Domestic residential packages
- The weight threshold for applying an Additional Handling surcharge will be lowered from 70 pounds to 50 pounds actual weight for UPS Ground and UPS Air services
- $0.25 increase in Ground and Express residential surcharges
- $0.20 increase in Home Delivery residential surcharge
- $1.00 to $4.00 increase in domestic Additional Handling Surcharges
- $10 increase in Oversize Charge for FedEx U.S. Express Ground® package exceeding 96 inches in length or 130 inches in length plus girth
- $30 increase in Oversize Charge for FedEx Home Delivery
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in News
Kushley would like to reassure all of our customers that we’re fully open for e-business, and offering *Free Shipping through April 20th, 2020! Coupon code: kushleycares with only a $10.00 minimum.