Diffuser Use Simplified with Kushley
What are the Benefits of Diffusing with Kushley?
- Clean the air
- Un-Scent a room
- Return your environment back to natural
- Diffusing with Kushley is perfect for unwanted/permeated odors that seem to linger
Essential Oil Diffusers:
The most utilized type of diffuser for essential oils today is an ultrasonic diffuser. This type uses ultrasonic waves (with Kushley or scented oil) and disperses into the air. Diffusers are widely available in many different sizes, shapes and price ranges.
As I tell every customer that purchases Kushley… just fill the reservoir to fill the line as indicated with Kushley and let it run for 1 to 2 hours (depending on size of room), turn off or move to another location for best results with permeated odors. As soon as the Kushley scent is no longer present, let your nose guide you if another hour run is necessary. If the kushley scent is too strong, ok to add water on the next reservoir fill. For smoke or cooking odors turn the unit on prior to the start of activity and shut off approximately an hour to stop odor from permeating throughout home, again let your nose guide you. There is no right or wrong mixture as everyone's sensitivity level for odors is different and it is ok to adjust your mixture (add more or less water to the next application) to your satisfaction. We are simply providing a starting point, as there is no right or wrong dilution with using Kushley, however, note the size and output of the diffuser unit itself will make a difference in time needed to eradicate odor.
How To Best Use Your Diffuser:
1. Choose Location
- Pick an open area in a room or office with a solid surface or tabletop. You will need an outlet to plug it in. Also, since liquid is being used, it is always good to have a placemat or towel down if you are using it on a wood surface.
- For best use, avoid placing in direct sunlight or near a fan.
2. Add Kushley
- Fill your diffuser water tank to the fill line of the water reservoir with Kushley
- Most diffusers have a water level line on the inside of the water reservoir or a measuring cup to fill up and then add to the reservoir, refer to your diffuser manual for the recommended water amount your diffuser requires.
*DO NOT OVERFILL or your diffuser may not run properly.
Trusted Online Shopping (Amazon, Walmart, etc.) offers a wide selection diffusers at affordable prices: Not all aromatherapy diffusers are the same, some have options depending on the model you purchase. You may be able to set the length of time you want the diffuser on, or different time cycles you can choose from like on for 30 seconds then off for 15 seconds, etc. Some also have light options you can turn on for a display of colors or a solid color. These features vary depending on brand and model.
How To Clean Your Diffuser
It best to do a quick clean after use, here are steps to follow:
- Fill reservoir with only water (cleaning out residual Kushley or essential oil left in reservoir) and let it run until empty.
- Unplug the diffuser and remove any water left in the reservoir.
- Clean inside with a small brush and warm water (most diffusers come with one or you can use a clean paintbrush dedicated to cleaning your diffuser).
- Rinse out and dry off.
- Use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the ultrasonic chip found in most water reservoirs.
- Let the diffuser unit air dry then store away until needed again.
Once we get rid of the bad scents/smells and because essential oils “scents” can be so beneficial, our next segment will look at various essential oils and their benefits. We will also look at keeping you and your environment safe, and avoiding specific essential oils that are not good to use around pets especially.